NY Home Heating Oil Prices
|Jan 06, 2014||4.197|
|Dec 30, 2013||4.228|
|Dec 23, 2013||4.181|
|Dec 16, 2013||4.165|
|Dec 09, 2013||4.171|
|Dec 02, 2013||4.141|
|Nov 25, 2013||4.113|
|Nov 18, 2013||4.06|
These are the average prices from the EIA weekly survey
Quick Energy Saving Tips You Can Do
- Clean warm air registers, radiators or baseboard heaters. Dirt and animal hair can get trapped and restrict the flow of warm air. Be sure that furniture, drapes or any other objects do not block the heating units.
- Do not block the sunlight from south facing windows. Allow the sun to naturally help heat your home. Close them at night to help retain the heat.
- Remove any trapped air from hot water radiators. Trapped air prevents the radiator from completely heating up to warm a room.
- Clean and when necessary, replace air filters in a force air system. A clogged filter prevents air flow and makes the furnace work harder.
- Check for light around doors and windows. Fill them with caulk or weather stripping.
- Install a programmable thermostat. You can set this to lower the heat automatically when you go to bed at night and will raise the temperature of your home before you get out of bed in the morning.
NYSERDA Heating Assistance Programs
New York State offers a program to help income qualified families to help pay for the cost of winter heating. Some of the programs they offer are weatherization programs to help lower your heating costs. Other programs provide grants to buy more energy efficient furnaces and appliances.
There is also the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). Benefits are determined by your family income and household size.
More information can be found HERE