Heating Oil Price per Gallon in NJ
|Jan 06, 2014||4.134|
|Dec 30, 2013||4.141|
|Dec 23, 2013||4.089|
|Dec 16, 2013||4.064|
|Dec 09, 2013||4.06|
|Dec 02, 2013||4.026|
|Nov 25, 2013||3.966|
|Nov 18, 2013||3.9|
These are the average prices from the EIA weekly survey
Fuel Saving Tips:
- Check the filters for your heating system monthly. A clogged filter will force the furnace to work harder and will waste money.
- Do not block or place items on or in front of a register. This will restrict the warm air flowing into the room.
- Talk to your oil dealer about budget bill or lock in plans.
- Have your heating system tuned up every year before winter starts.
- Check for air drafts around windows and doors. Caulking or weather stripping is a cheap and easy way to lower your heating bills.
- Install a programmable thermostat so it can raise and lower your heat at the appropriate time to save money.
New Jersey Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
If you or someone you know is having difficulty in affording heating cost this winter, you should then contact the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). This program is for low income households, the elderly and disabled too.
For more information, click here